Continuous Improvement Manager (Central New Jersey)
Client Company / Division Profile:
Our client (located in central
Position Description and Responsibilities: Our client is seeking a Manager of Continuous Improvement to lead their plant wide Lean and Six Sigma continuous improvement efforts, reporting directly to the Plant Manager, Prior experience in a fast paced high-speed flow manufacturing environment would be a plus along with a background in continuous improvement leadership (Green Belt or Black Belt).
Our client is seeking a Manager of Continuous Improvement to lead their plant wide Lean and Six Sigma continuous improvement efforts, reporting directly to the Plant Manager, Prior experience in a fast paced high-speed flow manufacturing environment would be a plus along with a background in continuous improvement leadership (Green Belt or Black Belt).
- Actively lead continuous improvement project teams directed at strategic projects within our client’s plant operations
- Apply the Six Sigma Methodology (DMAIC) and Lean Manufacturing tools to continuous improvement efforts to achieve financial and customer benefits
- Annually complete 3-6 projects per year with an annual savings of $250,000 per project or greater and meet project goals and objectives as outlined within each project charter
- Ensure all financial, operational and customer improvements are realized and sustained
- Mentor and teach our client’s team associates and Six Sigma Green Belts in utilizing Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques and other root cause analysis tools
- Collaborate with Six Sigma leadership teams and Champions to identify improvement opportunities and establish project goals, strategies, & priorities
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical & Behavioral Requirements:
- Four year degree in technical or business discipline (Engineering a plus)
- Five plus years of relevant experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and Kaizen events simultaneously
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Solid statistical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills through effective influencing and challenging an organization
- Successful project management skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and familiarity with Minitab or other statistical analysis software
Apply for This Job
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.