Another Lean Job Posted by the Avery Point Group – Lean Executive Recruiter – Six Sigma Executive Recruiter
Position: Lean Productivity Manager - Distribution
Location: Southeast - USA
Reporting: Global Lean Enterprise Master
Compensation: Excellent Compensation and benefit package
Relocation: Relocation Available
Our client is a rapidly growing multi-billion dollar leading global manufacturer and supplier of consumer and industrial products.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position our client’s Lean deployment organization, reporting directly Global Lean Enterprise Master. This position will require an experienced Lean (distribution focused) transformation leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work with the business’s key manufacturing and distribution sites globally to develop, implement and facilitate continuous improvement projects leveraging Lean and other continuous improvement methodologies.
· This role will work with site leadership teams to define the current and future state Value Streams to plan and prioritize continuous improvement activities.
· This role will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the organization on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools (VSM, 5S, Kaizen, SMED, “Design for Lean” etc…)
· This role will provide leadership to identify improvement opportunities, establish project goals, strategies and priorities.
· This role will instruct, mentor, and lead teams through continuous improvement events and projects.
· This role will ensure that all financial, operational and customer improvements are realized and sustained through regular audits.
· This role will have direct responsibility for achieving site cost reduction targets with limited resources. This role will ensure and deliver on-going Lean education of all employees at the site level.
· This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
· This position will act as a key driver of change within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the enterprise-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean transformation.
· This role will document and share "best practice" methods, processes and ideas with other distribution facilities to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of distribution. Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders (Business Leaders, Site Managers, Function Managers, etc.) for communication of Lean goals, processes and achievements.
· This role will leverage Lean principles to assist in the design and execution of new distribution processes, methodologies and process layouts to improve overall process effectiveness.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
· BS Technical Engineering Degree
· 5+ Years of professional experience
· 2+ Years experience in Lean Manufacturing / Distribution implantation and facilitation
· Demonstrated understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S, Visual Factory Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, OEE, Six Sigma, Communication Tools, and Statistical Problem Solving.
· Advanced Training in Lean methodologies, 5s, SMED, VSM, Kaizen and other continuous improvement methodologies
· Good understanding of financial measurements and goals in the Lean/Flow through-put world
· Solid project management skills, team leadership skills, and excellent communication skills
· Process improvement experience with demonstrated successful results driven application of the concept
· Operational experience – operations leadership, process engineering, distribution experience
· Demonstrated success in leading and driving sustained change
· Experienced in training, facilitating, and coaching of Lean concepts to all level of an organization
· Ability to connect Lean process improvements with existing initiatives at the enterprise and business until level
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
· Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
· Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
· Strong analytical skills and process focus
· Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
· Accountable, self motivated, dynamic, and passionate
· Ability to develop professional relationships to identify problems and deliver
Apply to This Position
To learn about other Lean and Six Sigma roles presented by the Avery Point Group, a leader in Lean and Six Sigma recruiting and executive search: www.AveryPointGroup.com
Six Sigma Recruiting
If you have trouble with the apply button link and your email, please follow these directions to email your Word document resume and cover letter to our private and confidential applicant tracking system via MAXHIRE
Email to: MH701@apply.maxhire.net
IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO ROUTE YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS JOB YOU MUST PASTE THE FOLLOWING INTO YOUR EMAIL SUBJECT BOX:
Lean Productivity Manager - Distribution (38-7-MH701)
he Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies.
Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.