Division Director of Quality and Lean Six Sigma - Minn/St. Paul, USA
This position has been filled
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
Division Director of Quality and Lean Six Sigma
Minneapolis / St. Paul, USA
Division VP of Operations
Our client is a fast growing leading division of a multi-billion dollar, publicly traded, global company.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key quality leadership position within our exclusive client's fast growing multi-plant division, reporting directly to the VP of Operations. This position will require an experienced Lean Six Sigma quality leader, preferably with a high tolerance, precision product manufacturing background. This position requires a quality leader that is able to facilitate and drive process and product continuous improvement, leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and technical skills. Key to success in this quality leadership position is the ability to leverage Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to drive continuous improvements in both the division's products and processes.
- This role will lead the division's quality and Lean Six Sigma process improvement initiatives across multiple sites that will include, Black and Green Belt development, project implementation and cultural change.
- This role will lead the establishment and maintenance of statistical process control procedures and drive actions on trends or variances outside established limits which require corrective action.
- This role will lead the development of Lean Six Sigma based FMEA and quality plans for inspection, test, and evaluation of materials, processes and products across the division's various plants and operations.
- This role will have responsibility for planning and overseeing in the execution of various Lean Six Sigma transformation events targeted towards improving the business’s performance on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- This role will devise statistically sound Lean Six Sigma sampling procedures and implement systems for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- This role will lead the quality organization and its interaction with other company departments, suppliers and customers on matters related to materials, processes or products which impact product quality and reliability objectives.
- This role will focus on business performance improvements that yield zero accidents, defect free products, on demand and on time delivery, at the lowest cost.
- This role will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Technical Engineering Degree
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) or ASQ certification a plus
- Expert knowledge in the use and application of key quality tools (DOE, SPC, FMEA, 8D, etc.)
- Ability to lead & implement ISO/QS & Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Five+ years of experience in a similar manufacturing environment in a quality leadership role
- Additional certification as either a Lean / Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based style and skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to anticipate, negotiate & manage conflicts, problems, changing situations & deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.