Director Level Lean Leadership Role (Multi-Site)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. To view other Lean and Six Sigma opportunities from the Avery Point Group click here:
Director Level Lean Leadership Role (Multi-Site)
VP of Operations
Excellent Compensation with Bonus
Our client is multi-million dollar industry leading company in their very specialized product market niche that seeks to drive sustained enterprise-wide operational excellence through Lean.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key Lean leadership position, reporting directly to our client’s VP of Operations. This position will require an experienced Lean transformation leader, preferably with customer engineered made to order Lean background and experience. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills.
Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very hands on approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for the business’s Lean transformation. This position will champion and drive the implementation of enterprise wide Lean strategies, to achieve significant and sustained results to bottom-line profitability and customer service. Our client seeks a change agent that is accustomed to implementing data driven and customer centric solutions across all business functions.
- This position will be responsible for managing and facilitating the business’s Lean initiative and strategy.
- This position will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the organization on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools (5S, visual controls, standardized work, VSM & A3, Heijunka, Jidoka, Kaizen, SMED, etc…)
- This position will support management as the business’s Lean Sensei in the development, planning and execution of a lean enterprise transformation strategy and metrics
- This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean transformation events targeted towards improving the business’s performance on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- This position will focus on business performance improvements that yield zero accidents, defect free products, on demand and on time delivery, at the lowest cost.
- This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the enterprise-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean transformation.
- This position will be responsible for the implementation of a Lean training and certification program, with responsibility for achieving Lean goals based on predetermined annual corporate and site specific goals.
- This position will drive the business’s Lean initiative both at the company’s domestic locations with some travel to the business international sites.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Technical Engineering Degree
- Advanced training from a recognized leader in Lean Manufacturing.
- Additional certification as either a Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Solid prior experience driving a Lean transformation in a operational / manufacturing setting
- 10+ years of relevant operational experience
- Customer engineered product manufacturing experience a plus
- Operations/process leadership experience a plus
- Membership and / or APICS Certifications a plus
- Sound understanding of financial measurements and goals
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client content and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.