Director - Operational Excellence – Customer Service - Atlanta
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter.
Director - Operational Excellence – Customer Service - Chicago
Corporate VP of Operational Excellence
Excellent Base Compensation
Excellent Bonus Available
Local Candidates Preferred (Relocation available for the right candidate)
Our client is a privately held billion dollar company that is growing their cross business Lean Sigma Operational Excellence initiative and seeks Lean Sigma BB / MBB talent.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key role supporting our client’s customer service organization, reporting directly VP of Operational Excellence. This position will require an experienced Black Belt / Master Black Belt who has applied both Lean and Six Sigma methodologies in a B to B customer service / VOC focused environment.
- The role will focus on mentoring multi-functional teams both regionally and across the entire company to drive process improvement using both Lean and Six Sigma methodologies in our client’s customer service areas of the business.
- The role will work with people at all levels across the organization to apply VOC to improve customer service and delivery
- This role will include a hands-on teamwork approach to problem solving and process improvement leveraging both Six Sigma and Lean Methodology.
- This role will be responsible for conducting and leading Value Stream Mapping events, Kaizen events and Six Sigma DMAIC project .
- The role will be responsible for training and mentoring Lean Six Sigma Champions, Black Belts, and Green Belts across the sales and customer services functions of the entire business.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- Four year Business or Engineering degree from an accredited institution.
- Certified and Practicing Lean Six Sigma Black Belt / Master Black Belt or Lean Master.
- 4+ years experience working as Lean Six Sigma Black Belt / Master Black Belt or Lean Master.
- Outstanding project management and communication skills.
- Understanding of analytical tools and proficiency in Minitab and Visio experience desirable.
- Excellent training and presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written.
- Prior experience applying both Lean and Six Sigma in a sales and customer service focused role.
- Prior experience in sales and customer service transactional environments highly desirable.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
- Accountable, self motivated, dynamic, and passionate
- Ability to develop professional relationships to identify problems and deliver
- Effective leadership and facilitation demonstrated.
- Ability to travel 50%+
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.