Senior Manager Lean Six Sigma Center of Excellence - MBB ( San Francisco Bay Area, CA )
NOTE: This is an Old 2012 Posting - The Role Has Been Filled and is No Longer Open
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Senior Manager Lean Six Sigma Center of Excellence (Master Black Belt)
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Director of Operational Excellence
Local Candidate Preferred
Our client is a multi-billion dollar global company seeking to gain a further competitive advantage by leveraging Lean Six Sigma to improve the execution of its corporate functions via its COE approach.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a senior manager level Lean Sigma Master Black Belt COE (Center of Excellence) leadership position within our client’s California headquarters, reporting directly to the Director of Operational Excellence. This position will require an experienced Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt with transactional/shared services change management leadership experience, driving continuous improvement activities in a corporate setting (Human Resources, Finance, Sourcing, logistics and IT). This position requires a Lean Sigma Master Black Belt that is able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels creating value and buy-in across various corporate functions.
- This role will lead the company’s Process COE (Center of Excellence), including priorities, methodologies, and relationships with business partners
- This role will lead, develop, and advance the Process COE team
- This role will track and communicate progress against objectives for the process improvement projects driven by the Process COE team and business leaders.
- This role will facilitate meetings with functional management to review and examine project progress.
- This role will help lead and facilitate the businesses’ strategic process design and improvement initiatives, participating through any or all stage gates: Discovery, Design, Development, and Deployment
- This role will help instill the use of standard approaches to process design and improvement projects as well as advance and apply new tools as appropriate
- This role will help deliver significant and quantifiable process improvement and financial benefit across assigned corporate functional areas.
- This role will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean Six Sigma tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- This role will manage Lean Six Sigma reporting activities for assigned corporate functional areas.
- This role will advocate the use of standard approaches to process design and improvement projects as well as advance and apply new continuous improvement tools as appropriate.
- This role will help educate the organization on process management best practices, trends, and resources.
- BS Degree, Business Management or Technical, MBA a plus
- 10+ years’ experience improving business process performance
- Certified (Lean) Six Sigma Master Black Belt a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- Continuous improvement experience across broad business areas in such areas as Human Resources, Finance, Sourcing, Logistics and IT.
- Formal Lean training and experience with Value Stream Management tools, kaizen methods and other key Lean tools and methodologies.
- Experience with facilitating Lean training events of Kaizen events at all level, including influencing and engaging senior executive leadership
- In depth knowledge of process management, process design, and change management.
- Proven knowledge and application of change management methodologies and tools
- Results based focused skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required
- Experience driving change and change management in a highly matrixed environment requiring strong collaboration and influencing skills
Legal Notice:The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.