Director of Operational Excellence (Southeastern, US)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Director of Operational Excellence
Excellent Compensation – Base and Bonus
Our exclusive client is a global government services provider supporting both the State Department and Department of Defense. It seeks to further leverage its Lean Six Sigma deployment efforts in order to improve the effectiveness and execution of their service performance. .
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key director level leadership position within our client's growing Lean Six Sigma deployment, with responsibility for driving the entire firm's Operational Excellence deployment, reporting directly to firm's VP of Strategic Initiatives and Operational Excellence. This role will be responsible for leading and guiding improvement initiatives utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and making high-value improvements across the firm's entire service value stream. This position will consult with various business team leaders to identify, quantify, and prioritize process improvements opportunities, assuring linkage to business objectives. This position will manage cross-functional project teams to execute initiatives targeted at standardizing and optimizing business processes and will work closely with the Information Technology team to test and implement technology improvements. This position will require a candidate with DoD / Federal Government service delivery background and experience. Key to success in this role requires a candidate that is motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced growth focused environment.
- This role with lead strategic, cross functional, complex process improvements projects targeted at optimizing processes, improving flow and reducing defect rates
- This role will lead and inspire process improvement team members to focus their talents toward high level strategic goals that define success by the business, and partner with business leaders to help them meet objectives
- This role will help set the Lean/Six Sigma strategy for the business
- This role will partner with value stream functions to interpret and implement improvements and efficiencies
- This role will undertake high-level, high-priority value stream projects when needed to drive the right level of leadership on critical projects and initiatives
- This role will plan, conduct, and supervise projects using project selection, project management, and project tracking processes and procedures
- This role will conduct regular, technical reviews of all ongoing Lean/Six Sigma projects and thorough audits of projects that are in closure phase.
- This role stimulate management thinking by challenging conventional wisdom through the demonstration of the application of the Lean/Six Sigma methodology and provide guidance and knowledge to lead and manage change
- This role will guide Champions with project selection and scope, assuring linkage between projects and business objectives
- This role will mentor and coach Champions, Black Belts and Green Belts in the use of Lean/Six Sigma tools and methodology and ensures timely completion of projects with expected results
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS degree Engineering or Business / MBA or M.S. Advanced Degree preferred but not required
- Master Black Belt – Lean Six Sigma with, DFSS and Lean knowledge and technical mastery
- Knowledge working in the US Government Services industry – in particular Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma training course development and training of Black Belts and/or Green
- Prior consulting experience a plus
- Project Management Certification (PMP) a plus
- 5+ years' experience working in the US Government Services industry – in particular Department of Defense (DoD)
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
- Ability to provide coaching and development for technical consultants in identifying leads
- C-level communications skills.
- 50%+ Travel which may occasionally require international travel.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.