Lean Six Sigma Program Management Sensei - Corporate
Please note: This Role Has Been Filled
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter.
Lean Six Sigma Program Management Sensei - Corporate
US 80%+ Travel
Corporate Director of Continuous Improvement
Excellent Base Compensation
Excellent Bonus Available
Relocation Not Available
Multi-billion dollar company seeks to gain further competitive advantage with a new Lean and Six Sigma deployment.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key Lean Six Sigma training and support position as part of our client’s corporate staff reporting directly to the Corporate Director of Continuous Improvement. This position will require an experienced Lean and Six Sigma Black Belt / Master Black Belt leader, preferably with heavy industry manufacturing background and experience. This position requires an individual that is able to facilitate Lean Six Sigma training and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and technical skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value and buy-in as a change facilitator and trainer for Lean and Six Sigma in our client’s major divisions.
- This position will lead the training of divisional employees in Six Sigma and Lean Enterprise principles, ensuring they have a solid working knowledge of how to apply these tools & techniques to achieve process improvements in key processes and functional areas.
- This position will perform corporate-wide training in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools, including the use DOE, DMAIC methods, Kaizen events, Value-Stream Mapping, Single-Piece Flow, TPM, SMED, 5S, Kanban, etc.
- This position will apply a “train the trainer” approach to progressively educate managers, supervisors and cell leaders to conduct independent Six Sigma and Lean initiatives where appropriate.
- This position will assist in the management, training, and facilitation of the company's Lean and Six Sigma initiatives and strategy across the business’s various operations and sites.
- This position will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the operation on the use and practice of Lean and Six Sigma methodology and tools
- This position will support plant operations management in the development, planning and execution of a Lean and Six Sigma strategy and metrics providing support to process owners in order to clearly link project metrics to strategic operational objectives using Business Process Management principles.
- This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean and Six Sigma transformation events and projects targeted towards improving various plant’s performance on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- This position will focus on business performance improvements that yield zero accidents, defect free products, on demand and on time delivery, at the lowest cost by partnering with the plant’s process owners and champions to drive results.
- This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the corporation, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the corporate-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean and Six Sigma transformation.
- This position will plan and facilitate kaizen activities on the shop floor and in administrative offices as needed to support value stream improvement plans.
- Train and coach Green Belts and project teams in the proper use of Lean and Six Sigma process improvement tools and methodologies to ensure timely completion of projects.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Technical Engineering Degree
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt Certification from ASQ or a similar certifying body
- 3-5 years of process improvement experience in a unionized heavy manufacturing environment, with at least 2 years experience leading and executing process improvement projects in a dedicated Lean Six Sigma position.
- Formal Lean training in Value Stream Management tools, kaizen. SMED and other key Lean tools and methodologies. Materials processing experience / background
- Prior Value Stream operations/process leadership experience
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client content and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.