Regional Master Black Belt - Lean Six Sigma ( NY, NJ, MA, VT, NH, ME or Canada )
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
Regional Master Black Belt - Lean Six Sigma – Northeast
Northeastern US (Location Flexible)
Director of Operational Excellence
Excellent Base Compensation
Excellent Bonus Available
Regional Candidate Preferred – Relocation is not offered – Travel up to 40% regionally
Our client is a division of a multi-billion dollar company seeking to gain a further competitive advantage with continued commitment to its Lean Six Sigma program.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt position supporting one of our client’s major regional areas of the country, reporting directly to the Director of Operational Excellence. This position will require an experienced Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt preferably with services industry background and experience. This position requires a Lean Sigma Master Black Belt that is able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels creating value and buy-in across the region.
- This role will be responsible for completing major projects as a Master Black Belt, with minimal day-to-day direction from the Director of Operational Excellence.
- This role will provide project, Lean Six Sigma methodology, and tool support to a full team of regional dedicated Black Belts and operational embedded Green Belts who drive projects in their core functional areas.
- This role will facilitate meetings with regional senior leadership to review and examine project progress.
- This role will provide Lean and Six Sigma training to local personnel and leadership within the region.
- This role will be responsible for seeking out project opportunities for Six Sigma and Lean breakthrough strategy both internal and external (e.g. to suppliers and customers).
- This role will be responsible for promoting the use of Lean Six Sigma methodology across the entire region.
- This role will deliver significant and quantifiable process improvement and financial benefit across the region.
- This role will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean Six Sigma tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- This role will manage Lean Six Sigma reporting activities for the region internally and to Corporate.
- This role will develop partnerships with other Lean Six Sigma Leaders across the division to share best practices.
- This role will drive the region’s use and adoption of such Lean methods as Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen to help transform the regions performance on service delivery and productivity performance.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Degree, Business Management or Technical
- 5-10 years professional work experience
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification
- DMAIC project experience across broad functional areas in a services based business environment
- Formal Lean training and experience leveraging Value Stream Management tools, kaizen methods and other key Lean tools and methodologies.
- Experience with facilitating VSM and Kaizen events
- Experience training and mentoring Black Belts, Green Belts and executive champions
- DFSS background a plus
- Lean Six Sigma project leadership experience / background
- Ability to travel 40%+ in week regional travel
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based focused skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.