Division Lean Transformation Leader – ( Minneapolis / St. Paul )
New Posting - Additional Opening(s) 11-01-10 Lean Jobs
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Division Lean Transformation Leader – Minneapolis / St. Paul
Minneapolis / St. Paul
Corporate Lean Sensei
Excellent Base Compensation
Excellent Bonus Available
Lump sum relocation is available
Our exclusive privately-held client is a growing market leader in their service engineering industry. They are seeking to further improve their operating and service delivery performance thru continued leverage of their core Lean transformation initiatives.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key position within our client’s Lean transformation initiative, supporting its divisional improvement initiatives, reporting directly to the Corporate Lean Sensei. This position will require an experienced Lean transformation and change management leader. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment, leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels creating value and buy-in as the division’s lead change facilitator and Lean champion.
- This position will be responsible for managing and facilitating the division’s Lean transformation initiatives and strategy across multiple service sites and division locations.
- The position will provide needed oversight and training in all areas of Lean methodology and will act as a key driver of change within our client’s division, supporting all functions throughout the division’s Lean transformation.
- This position will play a key role in integrating Lean into the strategic direction of our client’s division.
- Partner with senior level staff to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities. Manage a robust review process for selecting, scoping and prioritizing Lean efforts including review of resource utilization across the division.
- This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean transformation events and projects targeted towards improving the division’s performance.
- This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean methodologies.
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the division, supporting functional staff by communicating the division-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean transformation.
- Manage a plant embedded staff of 8 to 10 black belts in matrix dotted-line reporting structure.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Degree (Engineering / Business Administration), MBA a plus
- 8+ years professional work experience with a minimum of 4+ years’ management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as in Lean transformation implementation setting.
- Experience leveraging Lean in product development or service delivery setting would be a plus
- Formal Lean training and experience with Value Stream Management tools, kaizen methods and other key Lean tools and methodologies.
- PMP / PMI certification would be a plus
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- MUST be comfortable facilitating Lean Kaizen events, building and implementing divisional and site level improvement plans, directly providing hands on leadership of key projects and teams for continuous improvement.
- Proven ability in strategy development, program implementation, team building, mentoring, planning and budgeting.
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
- Travel in role 20%
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.