Vice President North America - Operations (Midwest, US)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Vice President North America - Operations
Midwest Headquarters Location
Excellent with Bonus and Stk Ops
Client Company / Division Profile:
Our exclusive multi-billion dollar client is a global market leader in their specialty chemical products industry.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position within client’s division with responsibility for their North American operations. This position will require an experienced general manager with a background in batch chemical manufacturing and experience directly managing multiple manufacturing plants. The position requires a leader with a global mindset and experience working in a global leadership environment. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change leveraging a “hands-on” leadership style with minimal direction and oversight. Key to success in this position will be to drive operational performance (Quality – Cost – Delivery – Safety - Environmental) and growth objectives by creating ownership and accountability at the site level while building credibility with other functional peers. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical approaches to operational and business objectives, leveraging his/her background and experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example. This position will be responsible for overseeing the management of 20 manufacturing sites located in the Americas.
- This position will be responsible for managing the plant managers to achieve monthly and annual targets on cost, on time delivery, quality, EH&S and other key performance targets.
- Lead capital planning/execution to optimize returns to the business. Ensure compliance and ongoing focus in EH&S to ensure employee health &safety and corporate environmental initiatives are of highest priority. Oversee process improvements and process engineering for all North American plants.
- Drive efficiency improvements in cost reduction and asset utilization efforts. Provide strong support to Lean Six Sigma efforts. Focus the organization on reduction of working capital and drive improvement in inventory turns.
- This position will be responsible for the preparation of annual budget, business plans for each plant and annual strategic plan for the Americas region.
- This position will ensure that the Manufacturing Strategy for North America is aligned with the Marketing Strategy for the global division.
- This position will have responsibility for driving materials and product development in each plant.
- This position will have responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of control and reporting systems for the effective management of the business.
- This position will have responsibility for the submission of financial and other management information to division management and maintaining a “no surprises” environment.
- This position will have responsibility for the management of the people resource through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques.
- 15+ years of increasing responsibility in manufacturing leadership roles preferably in the chemical industry
- BS/BA with preference for BS Technical / Engineering
- MBA a plus
- Multi-plant management leadership experience a must, with total revenue >= $500MM
- Prior experience that included direct responsibility over the entire value stream – Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Planning and Logistics
- Strong finance acumen with experience supporting growth oriented strategic initiatives
- Knowledge / Experience with continuous improvement methods - Six Sigma & Lean
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude… ability to meet objectives with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills…edge, energy and the ability to lead and energize others.
- Demonstrated track record of promotion within a minimum of two different organizations / business cultures
- Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build team and operational bench strength
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects/plants and deadlines… sometime with conflicting requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
- Ability to develop, interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Ability to work/ in a team / matrix environment
- Ability to address tactical business shortcomings with strategic solutions
- Ability to build buy-in with multiple stakeholders with sometime conflicting priorities – matrix environment experience
- Motivated to take on a career enhancing challenge… high level of energy
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.