Lean Value Stream Operations Manager ( Alabama )
New Posting 11-01-10 Lean Operations Jobs
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Lean Value Stream Operations Manager ( Alabama )
Plant General Manager
Excellent Compensation with Bonus
Key consumer products division of a global company seeks to take its value stream operations and Lean initiative to the next level.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key Lean Value Stream leadership position within our client’s consumer products division. Reporting directly to Plant General Manager, this position will require a candidate with a solid operations management and Lean deployment background. Key to success in this role requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive speed (service), quality, cost and safety leveraging Lean methodologies in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical approaches to operational and business objectives, leveraging his/her Lean background and experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
- This position will be responsible for managing a key part of the plant’s value stream manufacturing process, holding area leaders accountable to achieve monthly and annual targets on speed (service), quality, cost, safety, and other key performance targets.
- This role will lead, drive, and sustain the cultural and process changes necessary to make our client’s plant a world class Lean manufacturer.
- This role will serve as the leader and catalyst for implementing Lean Enterprise principles, tools, and techniques within the plant’s value stream operations.
- This position will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of annual operating budgets, business plans for the sites value stream operations.
- Leadership responsibility for hourly and salaried staff associates with functional responsibility for the assigned plant value stream.
- This position will have responsibility for the leadership of the people resource through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS degree Engineering or Operations/Business Management
- 5 - 8 years of increasing responsibility in value stream manufacturing leadership roles
- Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, 5s, SMED, Line Balancing / Work Cell Set-up and other Lean continuous improvement methodologies
- Exposure to driving and implementing Lean culture and methodologies in a manufacturing environment
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.