Global Energy and Sustainability Productivity Manager ( Midwest, US )
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Global Energy and Sustainability Productivity Manager
Position reports to the Global Director of Strategic Initiatives
Excellent Compensation and benefit package
Multi-billion dollar global industry leading company seeking to further advance its strategic initiatives with improved energy efficiency and sustainability initiatives across its global operations.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key position in our client’s strategic initiative group, reporting directly to the Global Director of Strategic Initiatives. This position will require an experienced Energy and Sustainability Manager, preferably with process industry related background and experience. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels creating value and buy-in as the global leader for the business’s energy efficiency and sustainability initiatives. Success will be measured by improved competitiveness, profitability, and a verifiable positive impact on company goals for operational excellence.
- This position will develop, lead, implement and administrate programs focused on improving methods for managing energy usage, across the business’s various global divisions and operating sites globally.
- This position will advance current energy efficiency and sustainability efforts through enhanced communication, best practices sharing and the application of subject matter expertise, driving their application globally across the company.
- This position will help develop and set company’s global energy efficiency and sustainability vision with senior executive leadership.
- This position will leverage their expertise and knowledge to gain senior leadership confidence to identify and act upon improvement opportunities globally across the organization.
- This position will create a tactical model for driving and leading the energy efficiency and sustainability culture throughout the organization globally.
- This position will develop and implement strategies that accelerate and improve current energy efficiency and sustainability practices and processes.
- This position will identify, improve and formalize best practices and coordinate their global implementation.
- This position will manage energy improvement project development and selection; develop project plans; establish, validate and track metrics, manage milestone reviews, and drive projects to completion with verifiable results.
- This position will develop and deliver comprehensive energy efficiency strategic / tactical training to at all levels within the organization.
- This position will lead the organization in defining its current state and use this to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- This position will develop cross-functional relationships site level professionals and Supply Chain managers to drive improvements in the overall management of energy services on both corporate and location levels.
- This position will provide expert guidance to plant and operating site teams globally and regionally to coach leadership on developing the initiative into the business culture that is appropriate to each business unit and location.
- This position will mentor location and divisional colleagues in personal development and program execution as required.
- BS Technical Engineering Degree
- 5 - 10 years’ multi-site / corporate deployment experience leading energy efficiency and sustainability initiatives in process industry setting
- Specialized training in Energy Management and Sustainability concepts
- Operations/process leadership experience a plus
- CEM / LEED / PE certifications a plus
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
- Open to travel up to 40%+
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.