Director of eCommerce Site Operations - Lean Six Sigma Environment ( Los Angeles, CA )
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Director of eCommerce Site Operations (Lean Six Sigma Environment)
Los Angeles, CA
VP eCommerce / Marketing
Excellence Base Compensation
Excellence Bonus Compensation
Client Company Profile:
Our exclusive client in a market leading B2b eCommerce company specializing in rapid response product solutions to their customer’s custom needs leveraging Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a director level leadership role within our client’s organization, headquartered near Los Angeles, reporting directly to the VP of eCommerce / Marketing. This position will require an experienced eCommerce operations leader with strong overall business acumen and experience applying Lean Six Sigma in an eCommerce operational setting. This position requires a leader with a keen focus on eCommerce site operations and site performance leveraging Lean Six Sigma as a process enabler to achieve short and long term business strategic objectives. Key to success in this position is focused on the optimization of onsite search effectiveness, user experience (U/E) including navigation, information architecture(I/A) and page design, site analytics, features and functionality, transaction processing and the day-to-day management of our client’s ecommerce platform and offline email marketing projects and processes. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical proactive solutions to business objectives, leveraging his/her eCommerce operational leadership background and Lean Six Sigma experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
The ideal candidate will come from an organization that has a significant eCommerce focus that is either part our client’s near market space (B to small B eCommerce sales in focus) or from a “brick and mortar” traditional marketing focused company with a significant eCommerce platform. Special emphasis will be placed on organizations and candidates with Lean Six Sigma as core operating mindset.
- Successful candidates for this position must be able to collaborate with internal and external teams to maximize efficiencies within marketing programs. This role requires a hands-on leader that is able to view overall processes in order to drive the implementation of enhancements
- This position will develop and implement all Web KPIs and metrics; leverage an analytics-driven “test, measure and refine" approach to increase the impact of web/online marketing on engagement, thought leadership and revenue.
- This position will own and manage business requirements development in partnership with IT that drive development initiatives that support ecommerce enhancements. This includes feature and functionality improvements including discovery, development, deployment and burn-in.
- This position will monitor developing ecommerce technology trends, evaluate business opportunities and recommend new website products for the company.
- This position will optimize the navigational performance of our client’s eCommerce platform and its ability to drive conversion to sales.
- This position will ensure the day-to-day operational reliability of nextdayflyers.com including site up-time, functionality up-time, transaction processing functionality and product presentation in partnership with IT, designers and marketing teams.
- This position will provide ongoing tracking and analysis of consumer site behavior through market analysis, competitive analysis and site analytics.
- This position will manage and negotiate vendor relationships for key site technology partners; ensure optimization of site search, personalization and other future technology partnerships.
- This position will integrate feedback from Customer Care and on-site customer search to improve site functionality and product presentation requirements.
- This position will insure timely and accurate deployment of new products, product updates, and pricing changes from a site operational perspective.
- This position will manage site quality control and efforts to ensure feature and functionality performance.
- This position will bring process improvements throughout the team by using Lean Six Sigma or other methodology
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, operations, computer science or information technology or related field required
- MBA preferred
- Lean / Six Sigma certification or certification in other recognized continuous improvement process methodology
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in an ecommerce (B2b and/or B2C ) site operations, web technology and/or web product marketing experience required, experience in a retail eCommerce, high transaction environment strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of UE (user experience) fundamentals, online retailing best practices and web technology applications
- Proven managerial experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with a track record of success in leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong business acumen
- Aptitude with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate teams and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership and change management skills
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude… ability to meet objectives with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills…edge, energy and the ability to lead and energize others.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high desire to work with an innovative marketing team
- Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build teams and operational bench strength
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects/initiatives and deadlines… sometime with conflicting requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
- Motivated to take on a career enhancing challenge… high level of energy
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.