DFSS Master Black Belt Product Development Program Leader
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
DFSS Master Black Belt Product Development Program Leader
Global Vice President of Quality and Reliability
Excellent Compensation with Bonus
Our client is an industry leading multi-billion dollar, publically traded, precision equipment company.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key DFSS Master Black Belt leadership position, reporting directly to the business’s Global VP of Quality and Reliability. This position will require an experienced Design for Six Sigma Master Black Belt, preferably with strong electro-mechanical engineering background in product development and engineering. This position will work closely with product development as the Project/Product QA & Reliability leader at the early phases of product development and manage the technical and project management aspects of product robustness and quality with integration into plant quality and supply chain to achieve desirable business, quality, reliability and warranty results. This position engages in a broad array of support, with desired experience in complex assembly, electronics, opto-mechanical, system S/W, product testing, data base awareness and systems evaluations. This is a highly visible and critical hands-on position charged with managing all associated activities within the product development and delivery to filed/customer environment (including international sites).
- As a senior DFSS Master Black Belt / Robustness Leader, this position will lead and drive all activities associated with product development, reliability and robustness implementation, APQP (total NPD/NPI quality assurance function) and related elements in the entire product life cycle (Cradle to Grave).
- This position will work closely with the Product Development teams as the Project / Product QA & Reliability leader at the early phases of product development and carry the program and projects through customer delivery with on target performance with minimal variation in various customer environments.
- This position will manage the technical and project management aspects of product robustness and quality with integration into field quality, plant quality and supply chain to achieve desirable business, quality and warranty results
- This position will manage Lean Six Sigma reporting activities for the organization and to senior company leadership.
- This position will drive world class reliability and product performance by implementing and driving design for six sigma (DFSS) , reliability and robustness planning and flawless execution.
- This position will lead the improvement and standardization of all field data collection, reporting and analysis to be utilized in the early phases of product development for breakthrough/continual improvements.
- This position will continually improve the systemic interaction among the design, supply chain, and field support functions in all aspects of reliability and field performance improvement.
- This position will lead the implementation of DFSS tools, set based design, transfer functions, modeling, simulation and other robustness techniques to insure that reliability is integral to the product philosophy and design. .
- This position will ensure that all reliability deliverables are met for all phase gate reviews.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Degree (Technical degree),
- Master’s degree in a Mechanical, Electrical, Reliability or Industrial engineering a plus
- Minimum 7+ years of direct experience working in an industrial high volume manufacturing environment, with 5+ years of direct experience in New Product Development Robustness, Reliability & Quality Engineering.
- Knowledge of Reliability Engineering tools and techniques is required. Shainin Green Y tools and methods highly desirable
- Direct experience implementing DFSS, APQP, Reliability planning & execution (Robustness Engineering), product qualification & testing, early supplier involvement, quality technologies, manufacturing quality & supplier quality systems are preferred
- Extensive experience in leading and implementing DFSS, Robustness Engineering, upfront Reliability & APQP, with a demonstrated ability to translate theory into practical reliability improvement within multi-functional product development teams.
- Minimum Certified - Six Sigma DFSS Master Black Belt.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Ability to provide Training to various engineering teams on DFSS, APQP & Reliability Tools & methods, variance /defect reduction and statistical analysis (strong quantitative and analytical skills is required). Statistical Tolerancing and Crystal Ball simulations. Knowledge of Set Based designs , limits and interaction curves desirable(scalable and tunable parameter designs).
- Proven ability in strategy development, program implementation, team building, mentoring, planning and budgeting.
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.