Lean Value Stream Operations Manager - Northeast Dallas
Please note: This Role Has Been Filled
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter.
Lean Value Stream Operations Manager – Northeast Dallas
Northeast - Dallas
Divisional Director of Manufacturing
Relocation Available – Lump Sum (local candidate is however, preferred)
Key industrial products division of a global company seeks to take its value stream operations and Lean initiative to the next level
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key Lean Value Stream leadership position within our client’s industrial products division, with responsibility for the business’s flagship manufacturing plant (200+ employees). Reporting directly to Divisional Director of Manufacturing, this position will require a candidate with a solid operations management and Lean Sigma deployment background, preferably with an industrial products manufacturing background. Key to success in this role requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive speed (service), quality, cost and safety leveraging Lean methodologies in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical approaches to operational and business objectives, leveraging his/her background and experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
- This position will be responsible for managing the entire plant’s value stream manufacturing operations, holding area value stream leaders accountable to achieve monthly and annual targets on speed (service), quality, cost, safety, and other key performance targets.
- This role will lead, drive, and sustain the cultural and technical changes necessary to make our client’s plant a world class Lean manufacturer.
- This role will serve as the leader and catalyst for implementing Lean Enterprise principles, tools, and techniques within the plant’s value stream operations.
- This position will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of annual operating budgets, business plans for the sites value stream operations.
- Leadership responsibility for 200+ hourly and salaried staff associates with functional responsibility for all manufacturing operations at the site.
- This position will have responsibility for the leadership of the people resource through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS degree Engineering or Business / MBA or M.S. Advanced Degree preferred but not required
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility value stream leadership in manufacturing roles
- Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5s, SMED, and other continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience driving and implementing Lean culture and methodologies in an industrial product environment
- Industrial products manufacturing background and experience
- Strong financial acumen - understanding of operating costs and P+L measures
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client content and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.