Director of Business Development - Federal Consulting Services (Lean and Six Sigma)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter.
Director of Business Development - Federal Consulting Services
High Travel Role – Location Flexible (US Only)
Excellent Compensation – Base and Bonus
No Relocation – Relocation Not Required
While most other consulting firms have contracted in size or have been severely impacted by the recession our client’s business continues to remain healthy and strong. With an eye on capitalizing on their strong market reputation they are seeking to add a Director of Business Develop to their team that will report directly to the CEO of the firm. Our client’s consulting practice specializes in the delivery of Lean Six Sigma / performance based consulting solutions in the healthcare, information technology, government services and other service oriented verticals.
Our client offers some of the best compensation and benefits in the Lean and Six Sigma consulting arena with 100% paid medical coverage – 4 weeks vacation - Full Car Allowance after 1 Year Service and the opportunity to help grow an organization poised for continued success as the economy recovers.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key director level leadership position within our client’s growing Lean Six Sigma / performance solutions consulting firm, with responsibility for driving the firm’s business development initiatives in their Federal Government vertical, reporting directly to firm’s CEO. This position will require a candidate with solid business development experience and service industry background. Preference will be given to candidates with a business development background selling services into Federal Government sector. Key to success in this role requires a candidate that is motivated, enthusiastic, and capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced entrepreneurial growth focused environment.
This position will be responsible for driving the firm’s business development efforts and be tasked with working closely with the firm’s CEO and Managing Directors who have responsibility for consulting engagements in the firm’s Federal Government clients.
- This role will be responsible for prospecting and developing leads for Lean Six Sigma business consulting services predominately in North America, however could include potential clients in other global locations.
- This role will responsible for the preparation and delivery sales proposals to prospective customers and clients.
- This position will be responsible for driving contract negotiations and closing sales agreement with new and existing Federal Government clients
- This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships, building new customer relationships and strengthening relationships with decision makers in existing client accounts.
- This position will work closely with the firm’s Managing Directors in order to develop targeted white papers, promotional items and other marketing materials to promote the firms presence in the Federal Government sector.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS degree Engineering or Business / MBA or M.S. Advanced Degree preferred but not required
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in sales or business development role related to services or consulting in the healthcare vertical
- Prior experience as a practice leader from a consulting company with strong business development experience would be a plus
- Experience or exposure to Lean and Six Sigma methodologies related sales and business development a plus
- Background in business development related to Federal Government sector is a requirement
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
- Ability to provide coaching and development for technical consultants in identifying leads
- C-level communications skills.
- 85%+ Travel will be required (Domestic In-week travel). May occasionally require international travel.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client content and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.