Sr. Lean and Agile IT Technology Management Consultant
On hold till Q1 2010
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter.
Sr. Lean and Agile IT Technology Management Consultant
Nationwide Open (80%+ Travel. Relocation Not Necessary)
Vice President / Managing Director
Excellent base and bonus compensation to 30%
While most other consulting firms have contracted in size or have been severely impacted by the recession, our client’s business continues to remain healthy and strong. With an eye on capitalizing on their strong market reputation, our client is seeking to grow its Lean Six Sigma IT Services Team by adding experienced Lean software development / software project management consultants. Our client’s consulting practice specializes in the delivery of Lean Six Sigma / performance based consulting solutions in the healthcare, information technology, government services and other service oriented verticals.
Our client offers some of the best compensation and benefits in the Lean and Six Sigma consulting arena - 100% Medical Paid – 4 weeks’ vacation - Full Car Allowance after 1 Year Service - broad service sector exposure and opportunity to advance in one of the fastest growing firms in the industry.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
Our client is looking for candidates who demonstrate the ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, high growth environment within the IT Services process improvement consulting vertical while also supporting the firms other verticals when called upon. Our client’s organization includes business analysts, functional consultants, and technical integration consultants who work together to implement Lean and Six Sigma process improvement solutions at customer sites. Our client’s consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time on site with the client business and technical teams. Our client employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on site four days per week. Our client’s consultants work the fifth day from their home office.
- Serve as our client’s lead authority on the application of Lean and TPS concepts (Toyota Production System) and methodologies into their IT consulting vertical.
- Develop and supply customized Lean training courses and consulting on-demand to serve both external clients and internal teams.
- Provide Lean software development coaching and training to client functional managers, and executives.
- Work with client customers to expand the understanding and practice of Lean software development and Agile principles through client organizations to include software and data center operations teams alike.
- Collaborate with client teams to coach and mentor them on the mechanics of Lean and Agile methods to achieve optimal team effectiveness.
- Coach individual client teams in all aspects of Lean and TPS methodologies.
- Work directly with client teams to identify and mitigate enterprise-wide systemic obstacles that block their ability to achieve sustainable increases in productivity.
- Work with client teams to advise and influence the development and training of internal Lean tools to enhance team collaboration.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Business / Technical Degree
- Lean and /or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Proficiency in Lean and/or Six Sigma principles including delivery methodologies
- 3+ year of progressively responsible experience in a technical project management and/or Lean Agile coaching position.
- Agile coaching experience with methods such as XP, Scrum and Lean.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Lean and Agile principles and practices at multiple levels within an organization, including Lean and Agile leadership skills at a senior level.
- Experience with XP practices, user story development, life cycle management and release planning.
- Prior experience in consulting and leading technical teams in adopting and upgrading Lean and Agile technologies.
- Certified Scrum Practitioner/ScrumMaster preferred
- Prior experience in data center management and leadership preferred.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Proven capability to work with people at all levels of an organization
- Dynamic facilitator
- Executive level communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills: courage, decision quality, listening, initiative, drive for results, customer focus, integrity, and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong customer orientation; able to influence and negotiate
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client content and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.