Lean Enterprise Manager - Multi Site (Operations Career Focus)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter.
Lean Enterprise Manager - Multi Site (Operations Management Career Focus)
Various - Southeastern USA (High Travel Role)
Director of Lean Manufacturing
Excellent base and bonus compensation
Initial assignment virtual with high travel – Candidates must be re-locatable within 1 to 2 years of initial engagement
Our client is leading manufacturer and supplier of consumer home-good products servicing the home center markets.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position with our client’s Lean Manufacturing deployment initiative, reporting directly to the Director of Lean Manufacturing. This position will require an experienced Lean transformation leader, preferably with make-to-order manufacturing experience (high volume - high mix).
Additional background and long term career interest in operations leadership (plant and operations management leadership roles) will be given favorable consideration. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for the business’s Lean Value Stream transformation.
- This position will provide support to assigned Value Stream Managers regarding Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- This position will serve as the Lean “expert” for all Lean activities within the candidates assigned Value Streams.
- This position will leverage Value Stream Mapping to develop and maintain current and future state value stream maps to identify strategic projects and corresponding rolling 6-month implementation plans that are aligned with the company’s strategic direction.
- This position will focus on business performance improvements that yield zero accidents, defect free products, on demand and on time delivery, at the lowest cost.
- This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the enterprise-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean transformation.
- This position will provide strategic cross-functional leadership across the Value Streams to plan, train, standardize, and sustain the removal of waste from the value stream.
- This position will foster the adoption of continuous improvement as a way life and help create a culture of change within the business.
- This position will assist Value Stream Managers and Plant Managers with developing the necessary framework, including resources at the plant level, to ensure the full execution of Lean projects throughout the value stream.
- This position will provide support, coaching, and development of the Plant Value Stream Managers.
- This position will work with internal providers and clients along with external suppliers and customers on improving the total enterprise using Lean manufacturing techniques.
- This position will assist in defining and support standardized programs to educate employees in the principles of Lean Manufacturing.
- This position will assist in the development of best practices, and best practice sharing across all operations.
- This position will build strong and positive working relationships with all functional areas across the company
- This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean transformation events targeted towards improving the business’s performance on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Business / Technical Engineering Degree (preferred)
- Preference given to candidates with strong operations leadership experience and career interest in plant and operations management.
- Preference given to candidates with make to order (high volume - high mix ) manufacturing experience
- 3+ Years experience in Lean Manufacturing implantation and facilitation
- Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, 5s, SMED, VSM and other continuous improvement methodologies
- Track record of successful project management across multiple sites.
- Personal computer skills in a networked environment, Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-point, and MSProject) required.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
- Strong planning/organization & time management skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client content and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.