VP – PMO Business Transformation (Texas)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
VP – PMO Business Transformation
Corporate SVP of Operations / Division CFO
Excellent Base Compensation
Excellent Bonus Available
Our exclusive client is a major division of a multi-billion service industry leader seeking to gain a further competitive advantage by leveraging improvements in its business transformation and program management execution.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key business re-engineering / business program management transformation leadership position, reporting directly to the Corporate SVP of Operations and to the Division CFO. This position will require an experienced business transformation and program management leader with broad business acumen, preferably with service / transactional industry background and experience (insurance or financial services).
This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” entrepreneurial environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels, creating value and buy-in as the division’s lead business transformation and program management executive.
- This position will be responsible for managing and facilitating the entire division’s PMO (Program Management Office) and business transformation initiatives.
- This position will be accountable for the oversight of the entire division’s business transformation programs, projects, and the effectiveness of the business processes used to execute their improvement and implementation via division’s PMO.
- This position will partner with senior level management at the highest levels to assess current processes, projects and programs to identify and execute improvement opportunities.
- This position will manage the process of selecting, scoping and prioritizing projects and programs including review of resource utilization across the division.
- This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various programs and projects targeted towards improving the business’s overall performance.
- This position will deliver significant and quantifiable process improvement and financial benefit across the division.
- This role will be accountable for the effectiveness of the project/program management process and for its ultimate results that will enable the division’s projects/programs to meet or exceed customer needs and enable the division to achieve its strategic business objectives.
- This position will lead by example as an active change agent by managing complex projects and leverage influencing skills that come from deep experience as a subject matter expert in program and project management to drive the division’s transformation initiatives.
- This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of continuous improvement methodologies.
- This role will actively support and integrate its initiatives into the product development process life cycle to provide supporting resources and project execution leadership for effective and seamless product life cycle execution.
- This position will drive the “roll-out”, training, and long term cultural adoption of the service development process from a program management perspective.
- This position will act as a key driver of business transformation efforts through the PMO efforts within the division, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the division-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s transformation initiatives.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS / MS Technical Degree, MBA a plus
- PMI or NPDP certification desired
- Transactional Lean Six Sigma (BB or MBB) deployment leadership a plus
- 10+ years professional work experience with track record of delivery major results in a PMO role
- Success with leading product / service development teams in a transactional setting ( insurance or financial services )
- Experience in development / improvement of technology and product/service development process
- Broad business acumen / multi-disciplinary background
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Strong influencing skills and credibility to interact at all levels – including c-suite level leadership
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.