eCommerce Quality Process Manager ( Los Angeles )
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
eCommerce Quality Process Manager – Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
VP of Operations
Excellence Base Compensation
Excellence Bonus Compensation
Client Company Profile:
Our exclusive client in a market leading B2b eCommerce company specializing in rapid response product solutions to their customer’s custom needs leveraging Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a management level leadership role within our client’s organization, headquartered near Los Angeles, reporting directly to the VP of Operations. This position will require an experienced eCommerce quality and process improvement leader with strong overall quality leadership experience applying Lean Six Sigma in an eCommerce operational setting. This position requires a leader with a keen focus on eCommerce site performance leveraging Lean Six Sigma as a process enabler to achieve short and long term business strategic objectives. Key to success in this the ability to develop, implement, and manage the company’s continuous quality and process improvement efforts by coordinating processes and developing procedures, facilitating teams in a high performance work force setting, and increasing profits by leading process improvements. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical proactive solutions to business objectives, leveraging his/her eCommerce operational background and Lean Six Sigma skills to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
The ideal candidate will come from an organization that has a significant eCommerce focus that is either part of the client’s near market space (B to small B eCommerce sales in focus) or from a “brick and mortar” traditional marketing focused company with a significant eCommerce platform. Special emphasis will be placed on organizations and candidates with Lean Six Sigma as core operating mindset. Candidates from transactionally based business process environments (process improvement front end sales/transactional focused settings) will warrant consideration for this role and will be evaluated for fit.
- This position will provide leadership for implementing quality policies, setting objectives, and achieving annual improvement goals for systems implementation.
- This position will manage quality system insuring the company is in compliance with standard instructions and customer requirements.
- This position will work with business leaders to address customer needs.
- This position will manage the specification, test methods and standard instruction systems and changes to each that apply to company specific targets.
- This position will be responsible for the design, implementation and operation of the Quality Management System so as to comply with the essence of ISO 9000 and 9001 and the needs of the company.
- This position will work with managers of all levels to ensure that internal practices are consistent with the business’s requirements.
- This position will take a leadership role in determining when new or revised internal processes or practices are required.
- This position will be responsible for implementing any new requirements that the business may find necessary.
- This position will lead process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of measurements, accountability, analysis and discussion of process alternatives in order to arrive at best practices.
- This position will plan, manage, and control the activities of a team that provide operational support for a business segment, group or team.
- This position will bring expertise or identify subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts in process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, tool ownership and compliance with procedures, etc.
- This position will advise business groups by suggesting strategic direction to properly prioritize integration and resource applications. Ensures that policies and procedures align with corporate vision.
- This position will select, develop, and evaluate personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Science, or related field is required
- MBA a plus
- Lean / Six Sigma certification or certification in other recognized continuous improvement process methodology
- 10+ years’ experience working as a Quality Assurance / process improvement professional
- Must be proficient in writing technical documentation and quality assurance reports
- Must possess refined research, investigative and analytical skills in order to identify and problem solve process issues in a quick and efficient manner.
- Track record of success using web analytics tools to drive decisions a plus
- Track record of success setting up and analyzing sales funnels a plus
- Strong business acumen
- Aptitude with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate teams and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership and change management skills
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude… ability to meet objectives with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills…edge, energy and the ability to lead and energize others.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high desire to work with an innovative marketing team
- Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build teams and operational bench strength
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects/initiatives and deadlines… sometime with conflicting requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
- Motivated to take on a career enhancing challenge… high level of energy
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.