VP eCommerce / Marketing ( Los Angeles)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
VP eCommerce / Marketing (Lean Six Sigma environment)
Los Angeles, CA
Chief Executive Officer
Excellence Base Compensation
Excellence Bonus Compensation
Full Relocation Available
Client Company Profile:
Our exclusive client in a market leading B2b eCommerce company specializing in rapid response product solutions to their customer’s custom needs leveraging Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a senior executive level leadership role within our client’s organization, headquartered near Los Angeles, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. This position will require an experienced eCommerce marketing focused leader with strong overall business acumen and experience applying Lean Six Sigma in an eCommerce / Marketing setting. This position requires a leader with a keen focus on revenue creation and growth leveraging Lean Six Sigma as a process enabler to achieve short and long term business strategic objectives. Key to success in this position is the ability to lead a team, set goals, identify, prioritize and continually improve key processes, and build a team of accomplished marketers with high accountability. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical proactive solutions to business objectives, leveraging his/her marketing / eCommerce background and Lean Six Sigma experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
The ideal candidate will come from an organization that has a significant eCommerce focus that is either part our client’s near market space (B to small B eCommerce sales in focus) or from a “brick and mortar” traditional marketing focused company with a significant eCommerce platform. Special emphasis will be placed on organizations and candidates with Lean Six Sigma as core operating mindset.
- This position will be responsible for 100% of company revenue creation for our client, a pure ecommerce business platform.
- This position will be primarily responsible for our client’s five year revenue plan and develop and execute an annual revenue plan to meet corporate growth objectives.
- This position will be responsible for developing, leading and motivating a high performance team of marketing and operational leaders in fast paced, growth focused entrepreneurial environment.
- This position will be responsible for the execution of operating plans that includes setting objectives, initiatives and individual accountability, such that all marketing objectives are KPI driven, transparent to the executive team and clearly tie back to the annual revenue plan.
- This position will be create the business’s Lean Six Sigma implementation approach / strategy for the marketing department and ensure effective execution that delivers quality, service, cost performance and revenue growth .
- This position will help manage the process of selecting, scoping and prioritization of Lean Six Sigma projects including review of resource utilization across the business to meet strategic and operational performance objectives
- This position will ensure the effective leverage of customer behavior, purchase data, clickstream analysis and market research for data driven insights that lead to bottom line opportunities.
- This position will monitor emerging eCommerce technology trends, evaluate business opportunities and ensure that our client stays current with eCommerce best practices.
- This position will manage and negotiate vendor relationships with key technology and merchandising partners
- This position will lead collaboration with internal and external teams to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness of eCommerce marketing programs and initiatives.
- This position will be responsible for developing strategic partnerships to enhance the business market reach and revenue growth opportunities in near market categories, extended geographic markets, and sales channels that further leverages our client’s eCommerce platform.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, operations, computer science or information technology or related field required
- MBA preferred
- Lean / Six Sigma certification or certification in other recognized continuous improvement process methodology
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in an ecommerce (B2b and/or B2C ) marketing leadership roles
- Deep understanding of UE (user experience) fundamentals, online retailing best practices and web technology applications
- Proven managerial experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with a track record of success in leading cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong finance acumen
- Aptitude with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate teams and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership and change management skills
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude… ability to meet objectives with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills…edge, energy and the ability to lead and energize others.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high desire to work with an innovative marketing team
- Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build teams and operational bench strength
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects/initiatives and deadlines… sometime with conflicting requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
- Motivated to take on a career enhancing challenge… high level of energy
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.