Plant Manager – Lean Focus (Pennsylvania)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Plant Manager – Lean Focus
Division General Manager
Excellent Compensation and benefit package
Market leading automotive components products company seeking to further advance its leadership team with a Lean focused Plant Management placement at one of its flagship plants in Pennsylvania.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position at one of our client’s flagship manufacturing plants located in Pennsylvania. Reporting directly to the Division GM, this position will require a candidate with a solid leadership skills and Lean experience, preferably with a high mix / high volume automotive components background. Key to success in this role requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive service, quality, cost and safety leveraging Lean methodologies in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical approaches to operational and business objectives, leveraging his/her background and experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
- This position will be responsible for manufacturing operations, enabling managers to achieve monthly and annual targets in service, quality, cost, safety, and other key performance targets.
- This role will lead by example to drive and sustain the cultural and technical changes necessary to make our client’s plant a world class Lean manufacturer.
- This role will serve as the leader and catalyst for implementing Lean Enterprise principles, tools, and techniques within the plant.
- This position will be responsible for the preparation of annual operating budgets, business plans for both the plant and distribution center.
- This position will have responsibility for the management of the people resource through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques
- BS degree Engineering or Business / MBA or M.S. Advanced Degree preferred
- 15+ years of increasing responsibility in manufacturing leadership roles
- Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, TPM, 5s, SMED, and other continuous improvement methodologies
- High volume / high mix automotive competent experience / background
- Strong financial acumen - understanding of 4 wall operating costs and P+L measures
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Power Point required
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills…edge, energy and the ability to lead and energize others.
- Demonstrated track record of promotion within a minimum of two different organizations / business cultures
- Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build team and operational bench strength
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines… sometime with conflicting requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
- Ability to develop, interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Ability to address tactical business shortcomings with strategic solutions
- Ability to build buy-in with multiple stakeholders with sometime conflicting priorities
- Motivated to take on a career enhancing challenge… high level of energy
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.