Vice President North America - Operations (NY/NJ Metro)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Position: Vice President North America - Operations
Location: New Jersey / New York
Reporting: Division President
Compensation: Excellent with Bonus
Relocation: Relocation offered. No property buyout option
Client Company / Division Profile:
Our exclusive client is a market leader in their specialty design to order products industry with revenue at just under $100MM.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position within client’s North American operations. This position will require an experienced general manager with a background in custom order manufacturing and experience directly managing multiple manufacturing plants. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change leveraging a “hands-on” leadership style with minimal direction and oversight. Key to success in this position will be to drive operational performance (Quality – Cost – Delivery – Safety - Environmental) by creating ownership and accountability at the site level while driving sustainable processes to support business growth. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical approaches to operational and business objectives, leveraging his/her background and experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example. This position will be responsible for overseeing the management of 2 manufacturing sites (located in New York and New Jersey) and have responsibility for all production related functions including IT, procurement, supply chain, master scheduling, manufacturing engineering, assembly, logistics and machine shop.
- This position will be responsible for managing the plant managers to achieve monthly and annual targets on cost, on time delivery, quality, EH&S and other key performance targets.
- The position will have responsibility for all production related functions including IT, procurement, supply chain, master scheduling, manufacturing engineering, assembly, logistics and machine shop. We believe that the underlying team is strong and that the successful candidate will have a very strong lean knowledge and are an uncompromising team builder.
- This position will be responsible for day-to-day leadership and management of Operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established organizational goals, objectives, and policies.
- This position will implement programs to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit.
- This position will implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
- This position will be a change agent that will guide the process of continuous improvement across all functions of the organization to achieve the highest levels of quality and competitiveness.
- This position will directly or indirectly provide formal and informal training and coaching to subordinates and other employees as part of ongoing talent and leadership development of staff and managers
- This position will remain current on leading manufacturing technologies and promote cooperation to share Best Practices across the Company.
- Drive efficiency improvements in cost reduction and asset utilization efforts. Provide strong support to Lean efforts.
- This position will be responsible for the preparation of annual budget, business plans for each plant and annual strategic plan for overall Operations.
- This position will have responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of control and reporting systems for the effective management of the business.
- This position will have responsibility for the submission of financial and other management information to senior leadership a “no surprises” environment.
- This position will have responsibility for the management of the people resource through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- 15+ years of increasing responsibility in manufacturing leadership roles
- BS/BA with preference for BS Technical / Engineering
- MBA a plus
- Multi-plant management leadership experience a must, with total revenue in the $50MM to $100MM range
- Prior experience that included direct responsibility over the entire value stream – Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Planning and Logistics
- Strong finance acumen with experience supporting growth oriented strategic initiatives
- Strong knowledge / Experience with Lean continuous improvement methods and implementation
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude… ability to meet objectives with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills…edge, energy and the ability to lead and energize others.
- Demonstrated track record of promotion within a minimum of two different organizations / business cultures
- Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build team and operational bench strength
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects/plants and deadlines… sometime with conflicting requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
- Ability to develop, interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Ability to address tactical business shortcomings with strategic solutions
- Ability to build buy-in with multiple stakeholders with sometime conflicting priorities
- Motivated to take on a career enhancing challenge… high level of energy
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.