Director Lean Sigma Consulting - Clinical - Laboratory - Healthcare
Another Lean leadership opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. To view other Lean and Six Sigma opportunities from the Avery Point Group click here.
Position: Director Lean Sigma Consulting - Clinical - Laboratory - Healthcare
Location: South Western US, with 30-40% Travel
Reporting: Group Vice President
Compensation: Excellent Compensation and benefit package with bonus
Relocation: Relocation provided
Our client is a fast growing division of a major corporation in the healthcare industry and is a leading manufacturer of medical diagnostic equipment used globally in both clinical and laboratory settings.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position in our client’s service delivery business in connection with its equipment sales and support, within its customer’s clinical, laboratory and healthcare value streams. The position will be responsible for strategy development and execution of our client’s consulting services portfolio. Key functions include: managing operational and financial performance of the Lean Sigma consulting service; managing internal and external communications and marketing; developing methods and tools; recruiting, staffing and training consultants (and training internal stakeholders); and collecting voice of the customer input to improve consulting solutions of the business.
· The main focus of this role will be the leadership and oversight of a field-based consulting team who are responsible for delivering consulting assessments, training and advice to customers (including process and value stream mapping, 5S analysis, change management, etc) in order to recommend near and longer term value stream and workflow improvements.
· The role will require familiarity with Lean Sigma methodologies in a clinical, laboratory or healthcare setting, and the ability to credibly provide expertise to assist consultants with the assessment of new and existing customer laboratories and work practices to recommend near and longer term improvements that deliver efficiency, safety and effectiveness to customer stakeholders.
· This position will be responsible for the development and refinement of specific methods, tool, techniques and product offerings for our client’s consulting services and their interaction with the company’s other product and service offerings.
· This position will develop and administer standard practices for consistent national delivery of the business’s consulting services. Assist with the development of similar services into international markets
· This position will also provide support to the sales organization for our client’s products; support implementation of Lean Sigma Value Stream solutions at customer sites.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
· BS Technical Engineering Degree or related Health Technology degree
· MBA or Masters degree preferred
· Minimum of 5 years experience in Lean Sigma; Black Belt in Lean Sigma; Master Black Belt preferred
· Expert level knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma principles and practices, and the ability to apply these in a healthcare and / or laboratory management setting
· Training and experience implementing with Lean or Six Sigma principles required
· 3+ years of laboratory experience preferred. This may include in-laboratory experience or industry experience through sales/marketing roles.
· 3+ years of consulting industry or equivalent experience required, healthcare industry focus preferred
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
· Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
· Must have strong interpersonal skills to manage customer relationships and help direct and develop more junior staff.
· Must have strong organization and analytical skills to manage projects and drive improvements needed by customers.
· Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
· Strong analytical skills and process focus
· Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
If you have trouble with the apply button link and your email, please follow these directions to email your Word document resume and cover letter to our private and confidential applicant tracking system via MAXHIRE
Email to: MH701@apply.maxhire.net
IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO ROUTE YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS JOB YOU MUST PASTE THE FOLLOWING INTO YOUR EMAIL SUBJECT BOX:
Director Lean Sigma Consulting - Clinical - Laboratory - Healthcare (51-7-MH701) Please attach your resume in Word Format
Apply for This Job
The Avery Point Group is a leading global executive search firm that assists companies in identifying, assessing and recruiting mid-level management to senior executive talent. Our firm leverages its principals’ decades of executive operations and staffing experience to provide the highest quality executive search services.
Our firm provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, plant management, operations management, supply chain management and finance.
Our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies globally.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.