Manager Global Supply Chain - Metals - Lean Company
Position: Manager Global Supply Chain - Metals
Location: Northeast - USA
Reporting: Director Global Supply Chain
Compensation: Excellent Compensation and benefit package
Relocation: Relocation Available
Our client is a rapidly growing multi-billion dollar leading global manufacturer and supplier of consumer and industrial products.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position our client’s Supply Chain Management organization, reporting directly Director of Global Supply Chain. This position will require an experienced Supply Chain and / or Operations leader that is able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and growth oriented business environment. This role will be challenged with Supply Chain and sourcing results as a key player with responsibility for an annual spend in excess of $150MM for steel and aluminum commodities.
- Key Manager within the Corporate Global Supply Management team
- Manage Steel and Aluminum supply base in support of plant, division, and corporate goals (Service, Quality, Cost, Working Capital, etc.)
- Work closely with the Businesses/Plants to identify and execute strategic sourcing plans to achieve annual cost savings targets
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of the company with Year-Over-Year (YOY) productivity expectations.
- Conduct business reviews with key suppliers.
- Maintain broad knowledge of worldwide market trends on assigned commodities.
- Effectively lead and communicate at all levels within the company.
- Work closely with team (Engineering, marketing, Operations, Finance, Legal, Logistics, etc) across the company to drive success.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- 4 year degree required, Masters Degree desirable.
- 10 years experience in engineering / operations & procurement of related commodities.
- Strong technical and commercial experience in the related products.
- Strong sourcing and negotiation skills demonstrated.
- Materials and component knowledge & experience.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
- Accountable, self motivated, dynamic, and passionate
- Ability to develop professional relationships to identify problems and deliver
- Effective leadership and facilitation demonstrated.
- Consistently exhibits Leadership Qualities: Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Vision, Boundarylessness, Stretch, and Speed.
- Makes and meets commitments…a winner.
If you have trouble with the apply button link and your email, please follow these directions to email your Word document resume and cover letter to our private and confidential applicant tracking system via MAXHIRE
Email to: MH701@apply.maxhire.net
IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO ROUTE YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS JOB YOU MUST PASTE THE FOLLOWING INTO YOUR EMAIL SUBJECT BOX:
Manager Global Supply Chain - Metals (44-7-MH701)
Apply for This Job
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.