Director of Global Supply Chain - Lean Company
Position: Director of Global Supply Chain
Location: Northeast - USA
Reporting: VP of Supply Chain
Compensation: Excellent Compensation and benefit package
Relocation: Relocation Available
Our client is a rapidly growing multi-billion dollar leading global manufacturer and supplier of consumer and industrial products.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position our client’s Supply Chain Management organization, reporting directly VP of Supply Chain. This position will require an experienced Supply Chain and / or Operations leader that is able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and growth oriented business environment. This role will be challenged with Supply Chain and sourcing results as a key player within the Corporate Global Supply Management (GSM) team that manages $2.5B+ annual spend in a matrix environment as part of a ~ $5.0B global company.
· Develop and execute strategic sourcing plans that results in improved Service, Quality, and Cost
· Work closely with the Businesses/Plants to achieve annual cost savings of 5% across the supply chain.
· Evaluate internal capabilities and resource assessment to recommend external requirements where needed.
· Lead direct and indirect reports across multiple businesses
· Negotiate and manage contracts on behalf of the Company with Year Over Year (YOY) productivity expectations.
· Work closely with teams (Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Legal, Logistics, etc) across the company to drive success.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
· BS Technical Degree
· 10-15 Years of professional experience
· Broad Supply Chain and / or Operations leadership experience
· Strong sourcing, supply management, and negotiation skills necessary.
· Demonstrated success in Working Capital (inventory, terms) and Lead-time initiatives.
· International experience / exposure desirable.
· Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
· Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
· Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
· Strong analytical skills and process focus
· Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
· Accountable, self motivated, dynamic, and passionate
· Ability to develop professional relationships to identify problems and deliver
· Effective leadership and facilitation demonstrated.
· Consistently exhibits Leadership Qualities: Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Vision, Boundarylessness, Stretch, and Speed.
· Makes and meets commitments…a winner.
If you have trouble with the apply button link and your email, please follow these directions to email your Word document resume and cover letter to our private and confidential applicant tracking system via MAXHIRE
Email to: MH701@apply.maxhire.net
IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO ROUTE YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS JOB YOU MUST PASTE THE FOLLOWING INTO YOUR EMAIL SUBJECT BOX:
Director of Global Supply Chain (43-7-MH701)
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.