Global Procurement Systems Director (Medical Devices)
Our client is a multi billion dollar
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Global Procurement Director will manage systems and processes ranging from supplier diversity to spend management control business processes. Responsibilities in this role include creation and executing system strategic direction, acting as a project manager for key procurement function programs and processes. Project management activities include process creation, team facilitation, system configuration, pilot management, training and full scale roll-out. This person will manage a Global Procurement Systems team of specialists. Talent development is critical including selecting and evaluating personnel to ensure effective and efficient execution of programs and processes. Developing and implementing policies and procedures globally will be crucial in addition to building strong relationships with key internal and external suppliers & stakeholders. This person will be the link between various systems and the business, advising management on status of work in progress to deliver on-schedule, under-budget. This person will need to understand the business needs in order to translate them in to system requirements. Strong project management, problem solving, interpersonal and facilitation skills are a must for success in this role.
- Manage projects
- Work well under tight time constraints
- Maintain a high attention to detail
- Train users on applications
- Understand interrelationships between applications and business processes
- Select, coach, develop and mentor staff
- Develop and implement appropriate reports and metrics
- Develop strong relationships with key functional groups to ensure alignment of corporate and plant goals and objectives
- Build effective supplier relationships in order to maximize business requirements while mitigating risks
- Identify issues, problems and opportunities while maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment; manage multiple team priorities while achieving deadlines
- Monitor departmental compliance with applicable local rules and regulations
- Implement continuous improvement activities
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S) Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required
- APICS certification a plus
- 5+ Years Management Experience
- 10+ Years Professional Experience
- ERP (BPCS) Experience
- Project Leadership Experience
- Relational Databases and Application Experience
- Web based Software Working on SQL Server
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt a plus with Minitab Experience
- Skilled in the area of supplier management
- Up to 50% Travel required
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.