Global Supply Chain Director (Lean Focus) - Midwest
Position: Global Supply Chain Director (Lean Focus)
Reporting: Position reports to VP of Global Operations
Compensation: Excellent Compensation and benefit package
Relocation: Relocation Available
Our client is leading global manufacturer and supplier of consumer and commercial products servicing the mass retail, home center and commercial outlet markets.
Target Industries & Background:
The ideal candidate will have worked and successfully been promoted in at least two organizations, taking an active role in successfully applying and deploying Lean Enterprise principles across the entire supply chain value stream. The ideal candidate will have a supply chain leadership experience or background that spans sourcing, S&OP process (sales and operational planning), and P&IC (production and inventory control), The ideal candidate will come from a successful Lean Enterprise environment with a combination of low volume - high mix and high volume – low mix consumer and /or commercial product offerings. Target companies should have a heavy focus on commodity metals sourcing and processing into both consumer and /or commercial products. Target companies could also include organizations that service the mass merchant and commercial outlet market.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
In this key role, the Director of Global Supply Chain will be a member of the core leadership team of our client’s global operations team reporting directly the Vice President of Global Operations and a key peer, supporting the GM/Director of US Operations. This role will be responsible for providing insightful Lean Enterprise leadership to all team members engaged in the planning, sourcing, inventory management and flow of materials, and finished product availability to support our client’s mass merchant and commercial customer base. Key to success in this role is the ability lead/mentor lasting and sustainable business results through the use of influencing skills, creating buy-in at all levels and across all functions of the business. The Global Director of Supply Chain will serve the business in the following capacity
- Supply Chain Management… Globally responsible for sourcing execution, sales and operations planning, inventory management, and distribution availability.
- Supply Chain Performance… Drive Key Supply Chain Process Indicators (KPI)… quality, cost, on-time delivery (to 98%+) and inventory turns management.
- Supply Chain Assessment…Assess, track and leverage (internal and external) global supply chain capabilities to best meet the business’s commercial, financial, quality and service objectives
- Manage Business Requirements... leverage business core competencies, translate business and product management objectives into supply chain deliverables
- Lean Transformation… Transform supply chain organization leveraging Lean methodologies into sourcing, scheduling and planning (S+OP) and distribution availability.
- Change Agent… Lead, facilitate, and manage continuous improvement methods across the entire supply chain organization.
- Total Cost of Ownership…Develop appropriate supply chain strategies focused on Total Cost of Ownership modeling to best leverage internal and external supply chain resources (make versus buy)
- Market Assessment…Assess, tack and communicate industry trends, competitive situations, commodity trends, and supply/demand situations to operations staff.
- Project Management... Lead/manage projects related to improvements in supply chain performance and sourcing with sustainable results in service, quality and cost.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Requirements:
- BS/BA with preference for technical discipline, or Supply Chain Management
- MBA a plus
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in supply chain management - emphasis on consumer and commercial products
- Strong Lean Enterprise experience - with a focus on supply chain management
- Experience in a leadership role driving a culture of change and continuous improvement
- Must be product, process and systems technically oriented.
- Strong fiscal discipline, with the ability to prioritize and translate results into meaningful financial impact.
- Knowledge of MRP / JDE systems
- Certification/extensive training in Lean a plus
- APICS Certification a plus
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills
- Bias for action and change
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation / communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – PowerPoint, Excel, Access
- Outstanding organizational & prioritizing skills
- Ability to work under pressure & deadlines in a fast-paced, ever changing open boundary-less environment
- Customer focused attitude…recognition of all customer groups (external & internal)
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflict to reach consensus and common goals
Apply for This Job
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.