Lean Productivity Manager - Operations
Position Description and Responsibilities:
· This role will work with site leadership teams to define the current and future state Value Streams to plan and prioritize continuous improvement activities.
· This role will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the organization on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools (VSM, 5S, Kaizen, SMED, “Design for Lean” etc…)
· This role will provide leadership to identify improvement opportunities, establish project goals, strategies and priorities.
· This role will instruct, mentor, and lead teams through continuous improvement events and projects.
· This role will ensure that all financial, operational and customer improvements are realized and sustained through regular audits.
· This role will have direct responsibility for achieving plant cost reduction targets with limited resources. This role will ensure and deliver on-going Lean education of all employees at the plant site level.
· This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
· This position will act as a key driver of change within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the enterprise-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean transformation.
· This role will document and share "best practice" methods, processes and ideas with other manufacturing facilities to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of manufacturing. Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders (Business Leaders, Plant Managers, Function Managers, etc.) for communication of Lean goals, processes and achievements.
· This role will leverage Lean principles to assist in the design and execution of new manufacturing processes, methodologies and equipment layouts to improve overall equipment effectiveness.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
· BS Technical Engineering Degree
· 5+ Years of professional experience
· 2+ Years experience in Lean Manufacturing implantation and facilitation – manufacturing / operations / production setting
· Demonstrated understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S, Visual Factory Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC / SQC, OEE, Six Sigma, Communication Tools, Statistical Problem Solving and QS9000.
· Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, 5s, SMED, VSM, Kaizen and other continuous improvement methodologies
· Good understanding of financial measurements and goals in the Lean/Flow through-put world
· Solid project management skills, team leadership skills, and excellent communication skills
· Process improvement experience with demonstrated successful results driven application of the concept
· Operational experience – operations leadership, manufacturing engineering, production experience
· Demonstrated success in leading and driving sustained change
· Experienced in training, facilitating, and coaching of Lean concepts to all level of an organization
· Ability to connect Lean process improvements with existing initiatives at the enterprise and business until level
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
· Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
· Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
· Strong analytical skills and process focus
· Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
· Accountable, self motivated, dynamic, and passionate
· Ability to develop professional relationships to identify problems and deliver
Lean Recruiter – Lean Recruiting
Six Sigma Recruiter – Six Sigma Recruiting
Operations Recruiter – Operations Recruiting
Finance Recruiter – Finance Recruiting
If you have trouble with the apply button link and your email, please follow these directions to email your Word document resume and cover letter to our private and confidential applicant tracking system via MAXHIRE
Email to: MH701@apply.maxhire.net
IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO ROUTE YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS JOB YOU MUST PASTE THE FOLLOWING INTO YOUR EMAIL SUBJECT BOX:
Lean Productivity Manager - Operations (37-7-MH701)
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.