Manager Lean Continuous Improvement – Southwestern GA
This Role is on hold (8-20-09)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter.
Manager Lean Continuous Improvement – Southwestern GA
Excellent Base Compensation
Excellent Bonus Available
Relocation Available (local candidates will be preferred)
Key division of a global industrial products company seeks to take its Lean initiative to the next level.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key “hands on leadership” position with responsibility for the entire division’s Lean continuous improvement initiative, reporting directly to the Division President. This position will require an experienced Lean leader, preferably with an industrial product manufacturing background and experience. This position requires an individual that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for Lean transformation in one of our client’s flagship divisions.
- This position will be responsible for managing and facilitating the entire division’s Lean transformation initiative and strategy.
- This position will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the division on the use and practice of Lean enterprise methodology and tools creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- This position will be responsible for measuring the effectiveness of continuous improvement efforts and report the results on a monthly basis across the division.
- This position will effectively and appropriately challenge the “status Quo” of the division’s current systems/processes/procedures and facilitate the division’s teams in the effective use of such Lean tools as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Set-up Reduction, Problem-Solving, etc. in support division’s Lean enterprise initiative.
- This position will support plant operations management in the development, planning and execution of a Lean strategy and metrics providing support to process owners in order to clearly link project metrics to strategic operational objectives using Business Process Management principles.
- This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean transformation events and projects targeted towards improving the plant’s performance on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- This position will focus on business performance improvements that yield zero accidents, defect free products, on demand and on time delivery, at the lowest cost by partnering with the plant’s process owners and champions to drive results.
- This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean enterprise tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- This position will act as a key facilitator for change within the division, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the division-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean transformation.
- This position will plan and facilitate kaizen activities on the shop floor and in administrative offices as needed to support value stream improvement plans.
- This position will conduct industrial experiments using sound statistical methodologies to optimize process performance and enhance organizational knowledge.
- Train and coach associate teams in the proper use of Lean enterprise improvement tools and methodologies to ensure that the methods are adhered to and that the tools and processes yield significant and sustainable results.
- This position will provide direction and oversight for the quality function and service as the division’s lead quality liaison for all key customers.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Technical Engineering Degree
- 3-5 years of process improvement experience in an industrial products manufacturing environment, with at least 2 years experience leading and executing process improvement projects in a dedicated Lean transformation role.
- Formal Lean training in Value Stream Management tools, kaizen. SMED and other key Lean tools and methodologies.
- Experience as the leader of at least 3 significant value stream improvement projects that demonstrate the ability to reduce waste and improve cycle times from incoming raw materials to finished goods shipping.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt Certification from ASQ or a similar certifying body
- Prior Quality function experience (ISO, QFD, quality control)
- Prior Value Stream operations/process leadership experience a plus
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and “hands on” team oriented person required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client content and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.