Process Reliability Engineering Manager ( Atlanta )
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Process Reliability Engineering Manager
Position reports to Corporate Director of Process Excellence
Excellent Compensation (Base + Bonus)
Multi-billion dollar commercial products company seeking to further advance its Process Excellence initiatives with improved process reliability initiatives across its various divisions
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key position in our client’s process excellence initiative, reporting directly to the Corporate Director of Process Excellence. This position will require an experienced Reliability Engineering leader, preferably with heavy commercial product manufacturing background and experience. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead process reliability engineering expert and leader as part the business’s Lean transformation and process excellence initiative.
- This position will work closely with maintenance and/or production personnel to resolve chronic equipment related issues across the business’s various divisions and plants.
- This position will be responsible assisting the business’s operations staff with PPM reviews, PPM modifications, Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), CMMS data mining to investigate equipment trends, failure defense identification and planning, PdM technology implementation, work process improvements, and setup of reliability based metrics while ensuring compliance with all regulatory agency and company requirements.
- This position will work and collaborate with various departments to develop and maintain specific targets, strategies and tactics to maximize equipment availability to drive asset productivity improvement.
- This position will perform equipment evaluations to determine and justify new equipment, equipment replacement (Incorporate into capital plan), or overhaul needs.
- This position will develop and maintain contingency plans for catastrophic failure of each major system.
- This position will develop Lubrication Specifications Standards, aligned with and according to accepted Industry Standards.
- This positions will monitor the equipment availability; assist with departmental projects and initiatives related to equipment availability performance improvements.
- This position will focus on Continuous Improvement targets
- This position will coach and mentor the utilization of Reliability Best Practices.
- This position will maintain expert status in the reliability engineering discipline
- This position will teach others basic principles of reliability engineering
- This position will lead the application of reliability methodologies such as Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, equipment criticality analysis, etc. to transform the organization from maintenance to reliability focus
- BS Technical Engineering Degree
- 7- 10 years’ experience reliability engineering experience in heavy industrial setting
- Specialized training in Reliability Engineering concepts
- Operations/process leadership experience a plus
- CMRP certification a plus
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.