Director of Operations – Lean Focus (Southwestern, US)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Director of Operations – Lean Focus (Southwestern, US)
Position reports to VP of Operations
Excellent Base and Bonus Compensation
Our client is fast growing market leading supplier of consumer related products / services with operations thought-out North America
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key Director level site leadership position within our client’s operations group, reporting directly to the VP of Operations. This position will require a candidate with a solid operations leadership background, preferably with a strong background in Lean transformation. Key to success in this role requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive service delivery, quality, cost and safety, leveraging Lean methodologies in a fast paced and service focused environment. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical approaches to operational and business objectives, leveraging his/her background and experience with Lean to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
- This position will be responsible for the entire site’s operations, holding managers accountable to achieve monthly and annual targets in service delivery, quality, cost, safety, and other key performance targets.
- This role will lead, drive, and sustain the cultural and technical changes necessary to make our client’s operations a world class Lean operation.
- This role will serve as the leader and catalyst for implementing Lean Enterprise principles, tools, and techniques within our client’s site operations.
- This position will be responsible for the preparation of annual operating budgets, business plans for the entire site.
- Leadership responsibility for 300+ indirect reports and 15 salaried support staff associates with functional responsibility for all site operations.
- This position will have responsibility for the management of the people resource through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS degree Engineering or Business / MBA or M.S. Advanced Degree preferred
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in Lean focused manufacturing operations /site leadership roles
- Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5s, SMED, and other continuous improvement methodologies
- Lean / Six Sigma Certification a plus
- Strong financial acumen - understanding of 4 wall operating costs and P+L measures
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Power Point required
- Prior experience with international assignments or transfers of work experience a plus
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills…edge, energy and the ability to lead and energize others.
- Demonstrated track record of promotion within a minimum of two different organizations / business cultures
- Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build team and operational bench strength
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines… sometime with conflicting requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
- Ability to develop, interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Ability to work/ in a team / matrix environment
- Ability to address tactical business shortcomings with strategic solutions
- Ability to build buy-in with multiple stakeholders with sometime conflicting priorities
- Motivated to take on a career enhancing challenge… high level of energy
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.