North America Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Multi Site ( Ohio )
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
North America Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Multi Site - Ohio
Global Operational Excellence Director
Excellent Base Compensation
Excellent Bonus Available
Our exclusive multi-billion dollar client is a global market leader in their industry. They are seeking to further improve their North American operating performance thru continued leverage of their core Lean Six Sigma initiatives.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position within our clients Lean Sigma Operational Excellence program, supporting its divisional improvement initiatives, reporting directly to the Global Operational Excellence Director. This position will require an experienced Lean Six Sigma leader with a strong process industry manufacturing background. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels and within all functions, creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for the North American division’s Lean Six Sigma transformation.
- This position will be responsible for managing and facilitating the North American division’s (20 sites) Lean Six Sigma initiatives and strategy across multiple manufacturing sites and across all business functions.
- This position will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels and functions of the organization on the use and practice of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools within the North American division.
- Partner with senior level functional leaders and plant management staff to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities. Manage a robust review process for selecting, scoping and prioritizing Lean Six Sigma projects including review of resource utilization across the division’s North American operations.
- Identify and engage talented candidates to become Lean Six Sigma practitioners as Black Belts and Green Belts to support the overall Operational Excellence initiative.
- This position will have responsibility for planning and assisting in the execution of various Lean Six Sigma transformation events and projects targeted towards improving the business’s performance.
- This position will help deliver significant and quantifiable process improvement and financial benefit across the division's plants and business functions.
- This position will focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean Six Sigma tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the division, supporting plant staff and functional leaders by communicating the division-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean Six Sigma transformation.
- Manage Lean Six Sigma reporting activities for the organization internally and to Corporate.
- Develop partnerships with other Lean Six Sigma Leaders across the entire company to share best practices.
- Manage an embedded staff of black belts in matrix dotted-line reporting structure across 20 business sites and locations in North America.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- Required: BS Degree Engineering, MBA a plus
- 10+ years professional work experience with a minimum of 3+ years’ management experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ Lean Six Sigma experience with at least 3+ years’ as a Master Black Belt in a manufacturing setting.
- Preferred: Certified - Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt with background in both DMAIC and DFSS applied across manufacturing and other functional areas.
- Formal Lean training and experience with Value Stream Management tools, kaizen methods and other key Lean tools and methodologies.
- Process industry (batch and continuous ) experience a plus
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- MUST be comfortable facilitating Lean Kaizen events, building and implementing divisional and site level improvement plans, directly providing hands on leadership of key projects and teams for continuous improvement.
- Proven ability in strategy development, program implementation, team building, mentoring, planning and budgeting.
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
- Travel in role 30 to 40%
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.