Global Director of Operational Excellence ( Atlanta )
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Retained Client Confidential
Global Director of Operational Excellence
Chief Operating Officer
Excellent Base Compensation
Excellent Bonus Compensation
Relocation offered. No property buyout option
Client Company Profile:
Our retained client is a global market leader in thier specialty paper/packaging pruduct industry that is seeking to gain a further competitive advantage by leveraging Lean Six Sigma as a key part of their corporate strategy.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key director level leadership position within our retained client's global organization, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer. This position will require an experienced global operational excellence deployment leader (Certified: Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt) with strong overall business acumen and a background in process flow related manufacturing or related industry (pulp/paper/converting). The position requires a leader with a keen global mindset and experience working in a global matrix leadership environment. This position will require an Operational Excellence leader with a proven record of launching and helping to mature a successful Lean Six Sigma deployment in a global business environment.
Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating buy-in and ownership at the site / product line level as the business’s Operational Excellence leader. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of both strategic and tactical approaches to Operational Excellence and business objectives, leveraging his/her background and experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
- This position will be responsible for facilitating the implementation of a corporate-wide Operational Excellence program and strategies aimed at improving organizational performance (cost / quality / service) and operational success across all business units and product lines globally.
- This position will responsible for tracking, summarizing and reporting out overall global Lean Six Sigma project performance to senior management, helping to ensure that projects are meeting defined charter objectives on timing and benefit delivery.
- This position will be responsible for working closely with the business’s executives, managers and employees to teach, mentor and certify Black Belts and Green Belts to build the organization’s Lean Six Sigma knowledge and application of leading Operational Excellence practices and methodologies.
- This position will be responsible for leading (strong dotted-line) / training / mentoring / coaching / certifying a global team of up to 20 Black Belts imbedded through-out the business’s operating sites and product lines.
- This position will be create the business’s global Lean Six Sigma standardized implementation approach and guidelines for all businesses and product lines… tweaking as necessary to meet local and regional global requirements / cultural nuances.
- This position will partner with senior level management and local site leadership to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities. This position will help manage the process of selecting, scoping and prioritization of Lean Six Sigma projects including review of resource utilization across the business to meet strategic and operational performance objectives
- Working with local site leadership and global executives, this position will help identify and engage talented candidates to become Lean Six Sigma practitioners as Black Belts / Green Belt and develop and implement a corporate wide Lean Six Sigma training program.
- This position will work closely with local site leadership and global executive leaders in the execution of various Lean Six Sigma transformation events and projects targeted towards improving the business’s performance on quality, delivery, and cost.
- This position will focus on business performance improvements that yield defect free products, on demand and on time delivery, at the lowest cost by partnering with process owners and champions to drive the business’s overall results.
- This position will act as a key driver of Operational Excellence within the business, supporting management/cross functional matrix decisions by communicating company-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Operational Excellence initiatives.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Requirements:
- BS Technical Degree is required (Engineering)
- MBA a plus
- Certified Master Black Belt is required
- 10-15 years of progressive work experience in process improvement, business quality management or operational / plant leadership positions
- Minimum 2-3 years in a dedicated Master Black Belt role
- Strong knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools + Variance based statistical tools and Minitab
- Prior experience leading / training / mentoring / coaching Black Belts and Green Belts in a global setting
- Prior experience leading / working in a global/multicultural setting in a leadership capacity
- Strong finance acumen with experience supporting strategic and tactical cost reduction initiatives
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate teams and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership and change management skills
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude… ability to meet objectives with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills…edge, energy and the ability to lead and energize others.
- Demonstrated track record of promotion within a minimum of two different organizations / business cultures
- Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build teams and operational bench strength
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects/initiatives and deadlines… sometime with conflicting requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
- Ability to develop, interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a team / matrix environment
- Ability to work in a global business environment
- Motivated to take on a career enhancing challenge… high level of energy
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.