Lean Deployment Executive – Logistics (Southeast)
Another Lean and Six Sigma leadership job opportunity from the Avery Point Group - Lean Recruiter - Six Sigma Recruiter. Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in executive search and recruiting.
~ Lean Jobs ~ Six Sigma Jobs ~ Lean Six Sigma Jobs ~ Operational Excellence Jobs ~
Lean Deployment Executive – Logistics (Southeast)
Confidential – Southeast
SVP Supply Chain
Excellent base and bonus compensation
Excellent relocation package available
Our exclusive multi-billion dollar client is a global leader in their market segment. They are seeking to further improve their logistics operating performance by further leveraging their core Lean initiatives.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key operational excellence deployment leadership position, reporting directly to the company's SVP of Supply Chain. This position will require an experienced Lean leader with enterprise wide logistics strategy and operational deployment experience. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and "ever changing" environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within and across the organization at all levels creating value and buy-in as the key change facilitator for the business's strategic logistics initiatives.
- This position will be responsible for embedding operational excellence and Lean principles into, internal and external benchmarking, budgeting, Logistics and performance management Systems.
- This position will lead the development and implementation of next generation logistics solutions across the region. This will involve significant external focus and benchmarking.
- This position will apply Lean concepts to improvement efforts across the region. Work collaboratively with senior business leaders to identify process gaps and improvement opportunities within the logistics function.
- The position must be able to drive change, lead cross-functional teams, and coach and develop logistics leaders, as demonstrated through past experience.
- This position will provide strategic leadership around initiatives focused on the sustained improvement of business processes throughout the enterprise.
- This position will drive the creation of breakthrough insights into business processes which unify and align the regions logistics strategy and operating plans, resulting in enhanced shareholder value.
- This position will develop and implement a robust road map to deliver top tier performance across the region's logistics operations using Lean and other continuous improvement principles
- This position will develop and integrated a region-wide Logistics/Business strategy – while recognizing need for country and business specific variations.
- This position will help manage the regions logistics budgeting process and ensure budget accountability across the region
- This position will manage the regions logistics business performance initiatives
- This position will provide strategic support to regional Logistics Managers in maintaining the regional logistics skill pool in collaboration with HR to ensure a robust talent pipeline for Logistics
- This position will provide strategic leadership around initiatives focused on the sustained improvement of logistics processes throughout the region.
- This position will drive the creation of breakthrough insights into business processes which unify and align logistic strategy and operating plans resulting in enhanced shareholder value.
- This position will help manage the development, delivery and administration of Lean methodologies, tools and training that will be deployed as part of the regions Lean logistics initiatives.
- This position will drive and influence a culture for sustained improvement and continuous process improvement.
- This position will provide leadership to achieve sustained improvement of logistics processes. Scope includes all major logistics processes throughout the region.
- This role will help define process quality issues, measure current process performance, analyze root cause defects, and develop targeted process improvement opportunities with business partners.
- This role will manage 10 direct full time reports.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS Business / Technical Engineering Degree (preferred)
- 15+ years' experience in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Related Discipline preferred
- Professional Certification in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related Discipline (a plus)
- 4+ Years' experience in Lean (Supply Chain and Logistics Focus ) implantation and facilitation in roles of increasing deployment leadership responsibility at a senior management level
- Advanced Training and extensive experience leveraging Lean methodologies, Kaizen, VSM and other continuous improvement methodologies.
- Track record of successful cross functional project management & deployment leadership experience
- Personal computer skills in a networked environment, Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-point, and MSProject) required. Minitab
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
- Strong planning/organization & time management skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
The content of this posting is protected by Copyright and is intended for use by current and potential candidates of The Avery Point Group for the sole purpose of pursuing an opportunity presented by The Avery Point Group. As subject matter experts in our recruiting disciplines, our job postings are a reflection of our deep understanding of job requirements, appropriate client documents and extensive dialog with key client process stakeholders. As a result, reposting or use of this content is not authorized unless The Avery Point Group is referenced as its source.
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.