Global Productivity Programs Manager - (Lean Focus)
Position: Global Productivity Programs Manager
Reporting: Position reports to VP of Global Operations
Compensation: Excellent Compensation and benefit package
Relocation: Relocation Available
Our client is leading global manufacturer and supplier of consumer and commercial products servicing the mass retail, home center and commercial outlet markets.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position within our client’s supply chain and manufacturing operation, reporting directly to the VP of Global Operations. This position will require a candidate with a solid background in program and project leadership experience to help drive the business’s productivity initiatives, preferably with a metals processing and batch manufacturing background. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive productivity initiatives in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels to identify projects that help achieve strategic business initiatives and cost reduction opportunities within manufacturing and supply chain operations. This role will be responsible for
- Project management of key initiatives and cost reduction programs. Manage and drive projects to completion, while maintaining project time line and established budgets.
- Develop business trackers, reports and metrics to report to senior corporate management
- Drive cost improvements using cross functional approaches and translating product strategy into productivity gains or procurement activities.
- Track progress and identify potential barriers to project completion. Develop methods of eliminating major barriers to achieve cost improvement and productivity goals. Work with global operations teams to revise project commitments if necessary.
- Use intelligent sourcing strategies taking site overhead and capacity implications into consideration.
- Act as liaison with many different key players including commodity teams, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Marketing, other branches and vendors.
- Manage cost improvement/lean manufacturing activities to meet quarterly financial productivity commitments. Projects must be identified and tracked, to continually improve the 4-wall operating costs, including material, labor, and base costs…requires close relationship with the finance team to ensure that the projects are delivering the expected returns.
- Track and report inflation, primarily commodities, within our client’s flagship plant and other locations to ensure that inflation risk is completely understood in the business and can be pro-actively addressed via productivity or pricing actions.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Behavioral Requirements:
- BS degree Engineering or Business / M.S. Advanced Degree preferred
- ·5-7 Years plus experience in a manufacturing environment (manufacturing, engineering, materials/procurement, etc.)
- Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, 5s, SMED, and other continuous improvement methodologies a plus
- Materials processing experience / background
- Strong financial understanding of 4 wall operating costs and productivity modeling
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Strong leadership skills to drive projects from conception to completion in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and mathematical skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of business financials
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Power Point required
Apply for This Job
The Avery Point Group, Inc.
Leveraging Lean & Six Sigma in Executive Search and Recruiting
The Avery Point Group provides functional expertise and executive search focus in the areas of Six Sigma, Lean, operational excellence, plant management, operations management, supply chain management, and finance. As executive recruiters our practice services a wide spectrum of industries, spanning manufacturing, distribution and service-based companies.
With our Lean Six Sigma approach, experience and global perspective, we stand out from other executive search firms and add significant value for our clients in their search for leadership talent. Unlike other recruiting firms, we truly speak the language of our clients and candidates.
Our Lean Sigma Approach: Search excellence starts with the sound foundation of a well defined and consistent search methodology. Our Lean Sigma Search™ process incorporates a unique Lean Six Sigma approach to filling our clients’ staffing needs. Each phase of our executive search value stream process is designed to eliminate waste in order to move the search and recruiting process along efficiently and effectively, thus enabling us to exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
Our Experience: With our team’s decades of operations experience, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients find, assess and recruit leadership talent. Our key principals have held senior-level director, VP and Lean Six Sigma positions in manufacturing, distribution and service-based Fortune 500 companies. Our principals are Six Sigma Master Black Belt and Lean trained by globally recognized industry leading companies and have real-world, practical experience in their application. As subject matter experts in the recruiting of Lean, Six Sigma and operations talent, our firm has been featured in leading industry trade magazines such as: Quality Progress, Quality Digest and IndustryWeek.
Our Global Perspective: Our key principals have managed global operations and led key initiatives in Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America and throughout Asia. Our principals, with their global perspective, understand what it takes to find, assess and recruit talent for companies to succeed in today’s global economy.